Back to the list
What to eat after exercise ?
Every complete workout needs good food afterwards. Our body needs to recover from the workload and accept the right foods that are best absorbed by our body.
Foods - sources of protein suitable for post workout:
- Eggs - egg whites and 1-2 yolks;
- Meat - any kind of clean meat - chicken, turkey, veal, pork;
- Fish - any kind of fish - trout, canned tuna, salmon;
- Skimmed cottage cheese;
- Protein powder - whey or isolate.
Food - carbohydrate sources suitable for post workout:
- White and brown rice;
- Pasta - pasta, spaghetti, couscous;
- Potatoes - regular potato (Bulgarian), red potato, sweet potato;
- Dark green leafy vegetables - spinach, broccoli, lettuce, nettles, kale.
Foods - sources of fat suitable for after exercise:
- Raw nuts - almond, walnut, hazelnut, etc.;
- Nut oils - natural almond oil, natural peanut oil;
- Eggs - egg yolks.
Sample post-workout meals:
- Chicken fillet with rice and vegetables, flavored with olive oil or charlan;
- Omelet of 4-5 egg whites and 1-2 egg yolks, boiled potatoes with onions and salad of choice;
- Tuna with brown rice, vegetables or salad of choice;
- Salmon and sweet potato, vegetables;
- Oatmeal, protein powder, fruit - blueberries, kiwi, banana or other.
- Protein powder with peanut or almond butter;
- Nonfat cottage cheese with 1 fruit - apple, orange and vegetable.
Combinations of the foods listed above can create meals that provide you with all the nutrients you need for optimal recovery.